Discover 7 Regular Foods That You Would Not Think Were Vegan!
Now, if you have been following me through Instagram you would know that my motto is anything you can eat I can eat vegan! I always love to post easy, delicious and accessible vegan foods and meals, showing that veganism can be for anyone! This post is all about those sneaky foods that are accidentally vegan, that make those around you question whether you have divulged from your vegan ways!
1. Oreos - now these are a vegan staple, and it is becoming common knowledge that most of the flavours are vegan friendly. Perfect as a snack, baking with, or blended in a milkshake, and available everywhere :)
2. Bourneville chocolate- this is a new discovery for me, I had always just overlooked it when I saw it in the stores but decided to pick it up one day and it has the creamyness of Cadburys, and I am now addicted to it! Also for those who are not huge fans of dark chocolate, this is barely dark tasting so is just a winner
3. Jus Rol- This one is an incredible find! The pastry, croissants, pain au chocolat and cinnamon swirls (just to name some of their vegan products) and they are honestly amazing. Nothing is better than freshly baked croissants out of the oven on a family gathering or a lazy Sunday morning.
4. Party Rings- The best childhood snack, and yes they're vegan! Whether you're planning a vegan buffet and need sweet snacks or just fancy some nostalgic treats these are the ones for you! Also, they now do mini ones, which are just the best!
5. Bread - Now bear with me on this one but I get asked this all the time! I don't know why it crosses so many peoples minds, but people really struggle with the idea of whether vegans can eat bread. Most bread I have come across have been fine, including lots of the more artisan loaves that you find in supermarkets. They all have the allergen lists either on the packaging or behind the counter, but unless its cheese flavored or honey seeds on top they are usually okay! A weird one yes, but something I am always asked.
6. Nando's - The chicken place? Really? How does a vegan love Nando's so much? They have some amazing vegan options, my favorite being the sweet potato and butternut squash burger (without the mayo) and they also have peri peri fries, garlic bread and their corn on the cob (without butter) that are vegan too!
7. Roast Chicken Walkers Crips- One of my favorites and I love that I can still have these! The roast chicken flavoring is suitable for vegetarians, and there are no other non-vegan ingredients making it a great find!
I hope you loved these accidental vegan treats, and please do share your favourite accidental vegan foods with my on Instagram or in the comments below!