TOFU TIKKA WRAPS | Recipe
These have become a staple in my home, and have been a massive hit with my Omni dad which is a real sign that these are a winner.
What you will need
- Tikka paste (either bought or Jamie Oliver has a great recipe for the paste https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetable-recipes/easy-homemade-curry-pastes/)
- Tofu- I use Tofoo 1 block
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper
- vegan yogurt- my fav is the alpro go on
- 2 tbsp cornflour/flour
- baking paper
- Salad for the wraps (including chillis if you like some spice)
- Wraps or flatbreads
- Preheat your over to 180 degrees
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with kitchen roll
- Cut into little cubes, and then dust each piece of tofu in the cornflour or flour
- take your tikka paste and mix 3 tbsp with 6 tbsp of your yogurt.
- Coat each piece of the tofu in the paste and place on a baking tray on baking paper, making sure the pieces are not touching.
- Cut the pepper and onion into strips and coat in the remaining yogurt spice mix. Place on a separate baking tray.
- Cook both your tofu (place on top shelf) and peppers/onions for 20-30 minutes turning the tofu half way through until it browns up.
- Whilst the tofu cooks take another tbsp of yogurt with 1/2 tsp of your spice mix, the juice of 1/2 lemon and some cut up chives. Mix together and then season well with salt and pepper.
- Time to wrap it up, heat your wraps then add some of your dressing, the tofu and peppers/ onion mix , your salad and I love some sliced chillis and you’re all good to go!!
Hope you guys enjoy!!