Miniature Toad in the Hole | Vegan Recipe
This is a lovely take on toad in the hole, where not only did I make it vegan but made these little individual servings. They not only look adorable but cook quicker, and would be perfect for kids or even a buffet too!
Please note the recipe for the Yorkshire puddings is based off the Sainsburys vegan Yorkshire pudding recipe, however I have tweaked the ingredients slightly.
What you will need
- Miniature vegan sausages (either Waitrose leek and mushroom cocktail sausages or Sainsburys shroompups
- 60ml oil and more for greasing pan
- 125g flour
- 285ml vegan milk
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- muffin/cupcake tin
- Put your sausages into the oven to start cooking (at around 180 degrees), I do about 3/4 of the cooking time before I add the batter mix, so follow the packet instructions to do the same.
- Put a little splash of oil in the bottom of your tin and put in the oven to heat, this recipe makes about 8 yorkshires, but may vary slightly depending on size of your tin.
- In a mixing jug, add your flour and bicarbonate, then slowly mix in the milk and oil to make a batter
- Once the sausages are cooked add two to each muffin, and add a sprig of rosemary
- Keeping the oil hot, and then quicky add in the batter mix filling each hole about 3/4 of the way full
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown!
- Enjoy with garlic mash, peas and gravy!